I was asked by a lovely breastfeeding Twitterer to find her some dresses to wear to an upcoming wedding. Here are a selection of finds in her favourite pink!
1. Julie V neck waist bobby maxi dress Â£15, Boohoo.com – Either pull down to feed, or possibly sleeve feed – add a nursing vest underneath for extra coverage.
2. Rochelle Chiffon Frill Top Layer Detail Dress â€“ Â£15, Boohoo.com – I’m not 100% on this one as the sleeves may not be wide enough to feed, but at Â£15 it’s so cute I’d be tempted to order it and see…
3. Floral Vintage Dress Â£85, People Tree – Pull down feed – wear with a nursing vest or add a cute cardi buttoned at the top for extra coverage while feeding.
4. Parker Double Flared Sleeve Dress with Print â€“ Â£142.48, Shopbop – Button down for easy feeding, flattering to a mummy tummy and incredibly stylish, but it is dry clean only. Wear with a nursing vest for extra coverage.
5. Button Front 50’s Dress Was Â£65 Now Â£45, Warehouse – I love this as it’s something I might have worn to a wedding before I was breastfeeding. It has a button front for easy pull down style feeding and wide straps to hide a nursing bra!
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Carmen Silk Jacquard Dress Â£209.78, Shopbop – Not exactly a budget buy, and it is dry clean only, but the colour is stunning and the style is a classic and very figure flattering. Button down for easy feeding.
7. Short Dress Â£39, La Redoute – The smocked bodice and adjustable straps will allow for easy feeding but the narrow straps mean it’s best paired with a cardi if you want to hide a nursing bra. Unbutton the bottom of your cardi and it will give you extra coverage for feeding too.
8. Pink Kinsella Dress Was Â£135 Now Â£79, Thomas Pink – A very posh shirt dress. Button down for easy pull down feeding – add a nursing vest underneath for extra coverage. Again, dry clean only.
9. Long Floral Print Dress Â£65, La Redoute – The wrap top and smocking under the bust will allow for a pull down feed and wide straps mean no showing your bra. Wear with a nursing vest or a cardi buttoned at the top if you want extra coverage when feeding.
10. Rachel Pally Newport Dress Â£163.09, Shopbop – The crossover top and stretch fabric on this classic Grecian style maxi dress will work well for a pull down feed. Wear with a nursing vest for extra coverage.
11. What Goes Around Comes Around Bianca Dress Â£227.96, Shopbop – Not a cheap option, and dry clean only, but the hidden button down front is great for feeding and I love the simple style, which is loose over the tummy and will show off a good pair off legs.
12. Fly53 Womens Repent Strappy Dress Raspberry Â£44.99, M&M Direct – A slightly more casual option for a relaxed wedding, the button down front will make feeding a breeze. Wear with a nursing vest or little cardi for extra coverage.
13. Ladies Tea Dress Â£20, Peacocks – A really cute print dress with covered buttons for a chic look.Â Wear it as it is, or style it up with a contrast belt and a net petticoat to create an hourglass silhouette and the illusion of a miniature waist. Wear with a nursing vest for extra coverage.
Personal Shopping note: MilkChic is not a big company. In fact it’s… erm… well… just me. I also have a day job and a toddler, which can make it difficult to find hours in the day, but it does mean I always offer a personal service! If there is something you are looking for, please contact me and I’ll try to find it for you.