It’s been a busy week here in the MilkChic household. My best friend, who is 27 weeks pregnant, had a very scary bleed and lots of things took a back seat as their insignificance became glaringly obvious. Thankfully, it looks as though everything is OK so I will be gratefully focusing on trivial tasks this week.
As so much has been going on the to do list is short today:
- Add lovely things to the MilkChic shop
- Add lovely sleeved things to Armed & Glamorous
- Finally get MilkChic USA launched (it’s there, but there’s not nearly enough on it yet…)
I’m feeling pretty positive as I’ve managed to cross a couple of big things off the list at last – Mr MilkChic got his kilt… although it was a close call. And I also got the MilkChic leaflets printed.
I’m hopeful that I might be focused enough to get today’s list done, so if you find me tweeting too much, please shout at me.
I am a listmaker. Lists calm me and give me structure to my day. They give me a sense of achievement. Occasionally, they also leave me with that nagging feeling that I might be a bit odd…
Mr MilkChic accepts my oddities with good humour, although he did comment that the last minute pre-holiday shopping list I handed him (fake toenails, armbands, white wool) sounded more like a scavenger hunt.
I’ve decided to share my to do lists in the hope that a) I might be shamed into crossing some things off the list b) some of you might have odder lists than me. Here’s this weeks:
- Finish sewing Mr MilkChic’s kilt. I am currently “steeking” the pleats…
- More crochet. I have managed to crochet more than I’ve undone this week so far.
- I want at least 100 lovely items listed on MilkChic USA before I launch. And I want to launch this week.
- Wash the sofa covers. They
are were cream. Enough said.
- Wash some of our old sheets with the green gingham duvet cover. We dyed some pillow cases a gorgeous colour by accident last week and are hoping for a matching set.
- Get a promotional leaflet done. I’ve been putting it off for ages and can’t leave it much longer.
- Photograph the bag full of Ebay bits I’ve been hoarding for months.
- Tidy the house. Obviously.
I’m not having a good day today. Thursday is a nursery day and I am supposed to work on MilkChic, excavate carpets, tables & other “surfaces” and generally deal with the things I struggle with when the small one is awake and in residence. In the spirit of procrastination, and in honour of my favourite blog linkys – Silent Sunday at Mocha Beanie Mummy and Magpie Monday at Me and My Shadow, I thought I’d post a “Things I Should be Doing Thursday”:
- Blogging about cloth nappies for Real Nappy Week (ideally before it’s over…)
- Designing a leaflet on discreet breastfeeding techniques / clothes that work for breastfeeding to promote MilkChic
- Cleaning the house – hoovering, removing the fungus growing on the bathroom floorboards (slightly less urgent now I’ve identified it as edible…)
- Adding more lovely clothes to MilkChic and Armed & Glamorous
- Building MilkChic USA (yes, it is happening!)
- Sewing a kilt for Mr MilkChic in time for a wedding in a fortnight
- Crocheting a blanket for my friend’s new baby (must finish this soon or the blanket will need to be bigger and I’ll have to find more wool)